This is the Synaptics touchpad driver for the X.Org X server. The following
touchpad models are supported:
* appletouch (Post February 2005 and October 2005 Apple Aluminium Powerbooks)
* Elantech (EeePC)
* bcm5974 (Macbook Air (Jan 2008), Macbook Pro Penryn (Feb 2008), iPhone
(2007), iPod Touch (2008)
Note that support for appletouch, elantech and bcm5974 requires the respective
A touchpad by default operates in compatibility mode by emulating a standard
mouse. However, by using a dedicated driver, more advanced features of the
touchpad become available.
* Movement with adjustable, non-linear acceleration and speed.
* Button events through short touching of the touchpad ("tapping").
* Double-Button events through double short touching of the touchpad.
* Dragging through short touching and holding down the finger on the
* Middle and right button events on the upper and lower corner of the
* Vertical scrolling (button four and five events) through moving the
finger on the right side of the touchpad.
* The up/down button sends button four/five events.
* Horizontal scrolling (button six and seven events) through moving the
finger on the lower side of the touchpad.
* The multi-buttons send button four/five events, and six/seven events for
* Adjustable finger detection.
Multifinger taps: two finger for middle button and three finger for
right button events. (Needs hardware support. Not all models implement
* Run-time configuration using shared memory. This means you can change
parameter settings without restarting the X server.
|Command ||Description |
|synclient ||commandline utility to query and modify Synaptics driver options. |
|syndaemon ||a program that monitors keyboard activity and disables the touchpad when the... |