Linux MultiMedia Studio
LMMS aims to be a free alternative to popular (but commercial and
closed- source) programs like FruityLoops/FL Studio, Cubase and Logic
allowing you to produce music with your computer. This includes
creation of loops, synthesizing and mixing sounds, arranging samples,
having fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more...
LMMS combines the features of a tracker-/sequencer-program and those
of powerful synthesizers, samplers, effects etc. in a modern,
user-friendly and easy to use graphical user-interface.
* Song-Editor for arranging the song
* creating beats and basslines using the Beat-/Bassline-Editor
* easy-to-use piano-roll for editing patterns and melodies
* instrument- and effect-plugins
* support for hosting VST(i)- and LADSPA-plugins (instruments/effects)