fastd is a secure tunneling daemon with some unique features:
- Very small binary (about 100KB on OpenWRT in the default configuration,
including all dependencies besides libc)
- Exchangable crypto methods
- Transport over UDP for simple usage behind NAT
- Can run in 1:1 and 1:n scenarios
- There are no server and client roles defined by the protocol, this is just
defined by the usage.
- Only one instance of the daemon is needed on each host to create a full mesh
If no full mesh is established, a routing protocol is necessary to enable
hosts that are not connected directly to reach each other
fastd fastd is a very small VPN daemon which tunnels IP packets and Ethernet frames over UDP. It supports various modern encryption and authentication schemes and can...