The purpose of beets is to get your music collection right once and for all. It
catalogs your collection, automatically improving its meta-data as it goes using
the MusicBrainz database. Then it provides a bouquet of tools for manipulating
and accessing your music.
Because beets is designed as a library, it can do almost anything you can
imagine for your music collection. Via plugins, beets becomes a panacea:
- Fetch or calculate all the meta-data you could possibly need: album art,
lyrics, genres, tempos, ReplayGain levels, or acoustic fingerprints.
- Get meta-data from MusicBrainz, Discogs, or Beatport. Or guess meta-data using
songs' file names or their acoustic fingerprints.
- Transcode audio to any format you like.
- Check your library for duplicate tracks and albums or for albums that are
- Browse your music library graphically through a Web browser and play it in
any browser that supports HTML5 Audio.
beet music tagger and library organizer beetsconfig These options control beets' global operation.library Path to the beets library file. By default, beets will use a file called library.db alongside your...