gapd man page
gapd.sh — GAP Daemon
gapd.sh [-h HOST|-a|-l|-u] [-p PORT] [-t [MODE]] [--infolevel[-scscp|-master] LEVEL] [--help] [--version]
GAP Daemon - GAP SCSCP server daemon
- -h HOST\tStart at host HOST: HOST may be given as machine name with or
- \twithout domain or as 'localhost' (see option -l for that purpose).
\tSet server address to the one given by hostname(1).
\tStart at localhost: reject incoming any connection from the outside.
\tStart in `universal' mode: accept all incoming connections.
- -p PORT\tSet server port to PORT, default port set in `/etc/scscp/gap/config.g'.
- -t MODE\tRedirect the server session output according to the following MODEs:
- \tMODE=no sink the output to `/dev/null' (default behaviour); \tMODE=log redirect the output to `/var/log/gapd/gapd.log'; \tMODE=yes redirect the output to a temporary file, which name is displayed \t(and printed to `/var/log/gapd/gapd.log' for granted users); \tthe implicit mode is MODE=yes for backward compatibility.
- --infolevel-scscp LEVEL
\tSet the GAP InfoLevel for SCSCP to LEVEL.
- LEVEL \tSet the GAP InfoLevel for MasterWorker to LEVEL.
- --infolevel LEVEL
\tIndiscriminately set the GAP InfoLevel_s to LEVEL.
\tPrint this help text and exit.
- \tOutput version information and exit.
Alexander Konovalov and Steve Linton. The GAP Daemon script gapd was slightly improved with backward compatibility and documented hereby by Jerome Benoit on behalf of the Debian Science Team (August 2014).
This file is the GAP SCSCP server configuration file on Fedora systems: it loads all necessary packages, reads all needed code, installs all procedures which will be exposed to the client and finally starts the SCSCP server itself.
/etc/scscp/gap/configpar.g These files set the default parameters needed by the GAP SCSCP package; they are fully commented.
This directory is the default location on Fedora systems for all systemwide configuration material needed by the GAP SCSCP server and any GAP SCSCP client.
Copyright © 2007-2014 by Alexander Konovalov and Steve Linton
GAP SCSCP package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
The complete manual for the GAP SCSCP package is available at /usr/lib/gap/pkg/scscp/doc or via the GAP online help system.