fedora-upgrade [--help] [--tmpfs=SIZE] [--upgrade-to=VERSION]
Script fedora-upgrade tries to automate steps needed for dnf-upgrade from one major version to next one.
Steps which fedora-upgrade does:
- Display usual warnings.
- Check dependencies.
- Resolve old .rpmsave and .rpmnew files before upgrading (if there are some).
- Download and import RPM GPG keys.
- Run "dnf --releasever=$TOVER distro-sync".
- Install missing packages from group Minimal Install.
- Resolve old .rpmsave and .rpmnew files after upgrade.
- Reset priorities of services.
--tmpfs=SIZE - When performing online upgrade and you have small /var/cache/dnf then this option will mount /var/cache/dnf as tmpfs with specified size. The SIZE can be anything what accepts mount command. E.g. "3G". The mount point is unmounted when dnf finishes.
-u=VERSION, --upgrade-to=VERSION - By default fedora-upgrade upgrade to next version. I.e. from 29 to 30. You can specify to which version you are going to upgrade and upgrade from 28 to 30. Be warned that this is hardly tested and there can be some issues. The VERSION is a number or string "rawhide".
dnf(8), rpmconf(8), fedora-remove-old-gpg-keys(8) https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_package_manager
If you experience some problem, please report it at: https://github.com/xsuchy/fedora-upgrade/issues
Miroslav Suchý <firstname.lastname@example.org>