edac-ctl man page
edac-ctl — EDAC admin utility
The edac-ctl program is a perl(1) script which performs some useful administration tasks for EDAC (Error Detection and Correction) drivers.
- Display a brief usage message.
- Print mainboard vendor and model for this hardware, if available. This option requires that the dmidecode(8) utility be installed, and must be run as root.
- Print the status of EDAC drivers (loaded or unloaded).
- Register motherboard DIMM labels into EDAC driver sysfs files. This option uses the detected mainboard manufacturer and model number in combination with a "labels database" found in any of the files under /etc/edac/labels.d/* or in the labels.db file at /etc/edac/labels.db. An entry for the current hardware must exist in the labels database for this option to do anything.
- Display the configured labels for the current hardware, as well as the current labels registered with EDAC.
- Specify an alternate location for the labels database.