drobom man page
drobom — CLI for managing data robotics (drobo) storage units
drobom [ options ] <command> [ arguments... ]
options is one of
- -c, --command
- the command to execute.
- -d, --device
- the device to operate on (default searches all devices and picks first one found.)
- -h, --help
- print a usage message
- -n, --no
- answer all questions no (generally does not do any damage)
- -s, --string <string>
- sometimes new models are not recognized by drobom. See documentation.
- -v, --verbose
- verbosity, a bit-field to trigger increased output as needed, mostly for debugging. 1 - General, 2 - Hardware Dialog, 4 - Initiation, 8 - Raw returns, 16- Detection 64 will print everything... (default: 0, as terse as possible.) 128 enables simulation mode (for testing when no Drobo is available. Dangerous!)
- -V, --version
- print the version id.
- -y, --yes
- answer all questions yes (generally overwrites stuff)
command is one of
- identify the drobo by making the lights blink
- dump diagnostics file into /tmp directory
- diagprint <diagdumpfile>
- print diagnostics file to standard output
<diagdumpfile> the diagnostic dump file to read.
- fwcheck query drobo.com for updates to firmware for the given Drobo
- fwload <fwimage>
- load a specific firmware for the given Drobo. Arguments:
<fwimage> the firmware file to load.
- upgrade the firmware to the latest and greatest, recommended by DRI
- print this text
- info <toprint>
- print information on a Drobo. The <toprint> argument is a comma separated list of the values below (default is to print all of them): config, capacity, protocol, settings, slots, firmware, status, options, luns, scsi
- show device files for all Drobos found.
- set <options> <value>
- set firmware options, such as ipaddress, etc... use 'info settings'
- set name <newname>
- Set the name of the Drobo to the given value ( only firmware > 1.3.0 supports this command )
- set lunsize Set the size of LUNS on device. Arguments:
- <sz> integer number of TiB to set the lunsize to
Note: After execution, Drobo reboots, wait a few minutes before accessing again
- set time - sets various Drobo's clock to UTC
- shutdown drobo (DRI calls this 'standby')
- report how is the Drobo doing
raw block device of a drobo (i.e. /dev/sdz) . If not given, assumes all attached drobos.
- Start up the graphical user interface.
This manual page was written by Chris AtLee <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others).