dnf.plugin.builddep man page
dnf.plugin.builddep — DNF builddep Plugin
Install whatever is needed to build the given .src.rpm, .nosrc.rpm or .spec file.
Build dependencies in a package (i.e. src.rpm) might be different than you would expect because they were evaluated according macros set on the package build host.
dnf builddep <package>...
- Either path to .src.rpm, .nosrc.rpm or .spec file or package available in a repository.
- Show this help.
- -D <macro expr>, --define <macro expr>
- Define the RPM macro named macro to the value expr when parsing spec files.
- Treat arguments as .spec files.
- Treat arguments as source rpm files.
- dnf builddep foobar.spec
- Install the needed build requirements, defined in the foobar.spec file.
- dnf builddep --spec foobar.spec.in
- Install the needed build requirements, defined in the spec file when filename ends with something different than .spec.
- dnf builddep foobar-1.0-1.src.rpm
- Install the needed build requirements, defined in the foobar-1.0-1.src.rpm file.
- dnf builddep foobar-1.0-1
- Look up foobar-1.0-1 in enabled repositories and install build requirements for its source rpm.
- dnf builddep -D 'scl python27' python-foobar.spec
- Install the needed build requirements for the python27 SCL version of python-foobar.
See AUTHORS in your Core DNF Plugins distribution
2014, Red Hat, Licensed under GPLv2+