dhcp6s man page
dhcp6s — DHCPv6 server
|dhcp6s|| [-c |
dhcp6s replies to DHCPv6 client as DHCPv6 server. dhcp6s can give the following information to clients.
- IPv6 prefixes for the requesting site
- Non-temporary IPv6 addresses
- A list of the DNS server addresses
- DNS Domain Search List
- A list of the NTP server addresses
- A list of the SIP server addresses
- SIP Server domain name
- A list of the NIS server addresses
- NIS domain name
- A list of the NIS+ server addresses
- NIS+ domain name
- A list of the BCMCS server addresses
- BCMCS Server domain name
Command line options are as below:
configfileas the configuration file.
- Print debugging messages.
- Even more debugging information is printed.
- Foreground mode (useful when debugging). Although dhcp6s usually prints warning, debugging, or error messages to syslog(8), it prints the messages to standard error if this option is specified.
ctlkeyfileto store the shared secret to authenticate the communication with dhcp6ctl. The default file name used when unspecified is
/etc/wide-dhcpv6/dhcp6sctlkey. The default name is intentionally same as that for dhcp6ctl so that the server and the control command can share the file when dhcp6ctl controls the server on the same node, which should be the typical case.
ctlportas the port number listening on to communicate with dhcp6ctl.
pid-fileto dump the process ID of dhcp6s.
- is the default configuration file.
- is the default file to store the server's DUID.
- is the default key file to communicate with the control command. See dhcp6ctl(8) for the file format.
- is the default file that contains pid of the currently running dhcp6s.
dhcp6s.conf(5), dhcp6ctl(8), dhcp6c(8)
Ralph Droms, Editor, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6), RFC 3315, 2003.
The dhcp6s command first appeared in WIDE/KAME IPv6 protocol stack kit.
dnsserv command-line option was obsoleted by introducing a configuration file.
dhcp6s is incomplete and violates DHCPv6 protocol spec, in several aspects. To name a few:
- it does not assign temporary IPv6 addresses (nor will).
dhcp6c(8), dhcp6ctl(8), dhcp6relay(8), dhcp6s.conf(5).
Explore man page connections for dhcp6s(8).