dhcp6relay man page
dhcp6relay — DHCPv6 relay agent
|dhcp6relay|| [-Ddf] [-b |
dhcp6relay acts as an intermediary to deliver DHCPv6 messages between clients and servers, and is on the same link as a client. dhcp6relay needs command line arguments
interface ..., which specifies the list of links accommodating clients.
Options supported by dhcp6relay are:
- Print debugging messages.
- Even more debugging information is printed.
- Foreground mode (useful when debugging). Although dhcp6relay usually prints warning, debugging, or error messages to syslog(8), it prints the messages to standard error if this option is specified.
- Specifies the source address to relay packets to servers (or other agents).
- Specifies the hop limit of DHCPv6 Solicit messages forwarded to servers.
- Specifies the interface on which messages to servers are sent. When omitted, the same interface as
interfacewill be used. When multiple
interfaceare specified, this option cannot be omitted.
- Specifies the DHCPv6 server address to relay packets to. If not specified, packets are relayed to ff05::1:3 (All DHCPv6 servers).
- Specifies the script file to be executed when dhcp6relay receives a RELAY-REPLY message from a DHCPv6 server. Further detail of the script file syntax is available in dhcp6c(8)
pid-fileto dump the process ID of dhcp6relay.
- is the default file that contains pid of the currently running dhcp6relay.
Ralph Droms, Editor, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6), RFC 3315, 2003.
The dhcp6relay command first appeared in WIDE/KAME IPv6 protocol stack kit.