A Babeltrace 2 sink.utils.dummy component consumes messages and discards them (does absolutely nothing with them).
+------------------+ | sink.utils.dummy | | | Messages -->@ in | +------------------+
See babeltrace2-intro(7) to learn more about the Babeltrace 2 project and its core concepts.
A sink.utils.dummy sink component can be useful to run a trace processing graph with no sink side effect, for example to perform benchmarks. Prefer a sink.utils.dummy component class for such tasks to, for example, a sink.text.pretty component and sending its output to /dev/null, as a sink.text.pretty component still performs formatting operations.
+------------------+ | sink.utils.dummy | | | @ in | +------------------+
Single input port.
If you encounter any issue or usability problem, please report it on the Babeltrace bug tracker (see <https://bugs.lttng.org/projects/babeltrace>).
The Babeltrace project shares some communication channels with the LTTng project (see <https://lttng.org/>).
- Babeltrace website (see <https://babeltrace.org/>)
- Mailing list (see <https://lists.lttng.org>) for support and development: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC channel (see <irc://irc.oftc.net/lttng>): #lttng on irc.oftc.net
- Bug tracker (see <https://bugs.lttng.org/projects/babeltrace>)
- Git repository (see <https://git.efficios.com/?p=babeltrace.git>)
- GitHub project (see <https://github.com/efficios/babeltrace>)
- Continuous integration (see <https://ci.lttng.org/view/Babeltrace/>)
- Code review (see <https://review.lttng.org/q/project:babeltrace>)
The Babeltrace 2 project is the result of hard work by many regular developers and occasional contributors.
The current project maintainer is Jérémie Galarneau <mailto:email@example.com>.
This component class is part of the Babeltrace 2 project.
Babeltrace is distributed under the MIT license (see <https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT>).
babeltrace2(1), babeltrace2-convert(1), babeltrace2-plugin-utils(7).