A Babeltrace 2 sink.utils.counter component prints to the standard output the number of messages it consumes with a count for each type.
+--------------------+ | sink.utils.counter | | +--> Statistics to the Messages -->@ in | standard output +--------------------+
See babeltrace2-intro(7) to learn more about the Babeltrace 2 project and its core concepts.
The component’s output looks like this:
3842964 Event messages 4 Stream beginning messages 1 Stream end messages 18 Packet beginning messages 14 Packet end messages 189 Discarded event messages 0 Discarded packet messages 3 Message iterator inactivity messages 3843000 messages (TOTAL)
By default, a sink.utils.counter component prints a new block of statistics every 1000 consumed messages, whatever their types. You can use the step parameter to override this default period.
The component always prints a block of statistics when there’s no more messages to consume from its upstream message iterator and the last block was different.
By default, a sink.utils.counter component prints the count of messages for each type, even if this count is 0. You can make it hide the zero counts with the hide-zero parameter.
hide-zero=yes [optional boolean]
Do not print the statistics lines where the count is zero.
step=STEP [optional unsigned integer]
Print a new block of statistics every STEP consumed messages instead of 1000.
If STEP is 0, then the component only prints statistics when there’s no more messages to consume.
+--------------------+ | sink.utils.counter | | | @ in | +--------------------+
Single input port.
If you encounter any issue or usability problem, please report it on the Babeltrace bug tracker (see <https://bugs.lttng.org/projects/babeltrace>).
The Babeltrace project shares some communication channels with the LTTng project (see <https://lttng.org/>).
- Babeltrace website (see <https://babeltrace.org/>)
- Mailing list (see <https://lists.lttng.org>) for support and development: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC channel (see <irc://irc.oftc.net/lttng>): #lttng on irc.oftc.net
- Bug tracker (see <https://bugs.lttng.org/projects/babeltrace>)
- Git repository (see <https://git.efficios.com/?p=babeltrace.git>)
- GitHub project (see <https://github.com/efficios/babeltrace>)
- Continuous integration (see <https://ci.lttng.org/view/Babeltrace/>)
- Code review (see <https://review.lttng.org/q/project:babeltrace>)
The Babeltrace 2 project is the result of hard work by many regular developers and occasional contributors.
The current project maintainer is Jérémie Galarneau <mailto:email@example.com>.
This component class is part of the Babeltrace 2 project.
Babeltrace is distributed under the MIT license (see <https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT>).