tuned-main.conf man page
tuned-main.conf — Tuned global configuration file
This man page documents format of the Tuned global configuration file. The tuned-main.conf file uses the ini-file format.
- This defines whether Tuned will use daemon or not. It is boolean value. It can be True or 1 if the daemon is enabled and False or 0 if disabled. It is not recommended to disable daemon, because many functions will not work without daemon, e.g. there will be no D-Bus, no settings rollback, no hotplug support, no dynamic tuning, ...
- This defines whether the dynamic tuning is enabled. It is boolean value. It can be True or 1 if the dynamic tuning is enabled and False or 0 if disabled. In such case only the static tuning will be used. Please note if it is enabled here, it is still possible to individually disable it in plugins. It is only applicable if daemon is enabled.
- Tuned daemon is periodically waken after INT seconds and checks for events. By default this is set to 1 second. If you have Python 2 interpreter with applied patch from Red Hat Bugzilla #917709 this controls responsiveness time of Tuned to commands (i.e. if you request profile switch, it may take up to 1 second until Tuned reacts). Increase this number for higher responsiveness times and more power savings (due to lower number of wakeups). In case you have unpatched Python 2 interpreter, this settings will have no visible effect, because the intepreter will poll 20 times per second. It is only applicable if daemon is enabled.
- Update interval for dynamic tuning (in seconds). Tuned daemon is periodically waken after INT seconds, updates its monitors, calculates new tuning parameters for enabled plugins and applies the changes. Plugins that have disabled dynamic tuning are not processed. By default the INT is set to 10 seconds. Tuned daemon doesn't periodically wake if dynamic tuning is globally disabled (see dynamic_tuning) or this setting set to 0. This must be multiple of sleep_interval. It is only applicable if daemon is enabled.
- This controls whether recommend functionality will be enabled or not. It is boolean value. It can be True or 1 if the recommend command is enabled and False or 0 if disabled. If disabled recommend command will be not available in CLI, tuned will not parse recommend.conf and will return one hardcoded profile (by default balanced). It is only applicable if daemon is enabled.
no_daemon = 0 dynamic_tuning = 1 sleep_interval = 1 update_interval = 10 recommend_command = 0
Written by Jaroslav Škarvada <email@example.com>.
Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.