The rn2ncid.conf file contains the configuration information for rn2ncid.
The rn2ncid.conf file understands 3 types of lines:
- blank line
- comment line, beginning with '#'
- VARIABLE = VALUE
VALUE can contain spaces if it is between quotes.
See rn2ncid.conf for all default values.
- verbose = level
Level is in the range 1-9. Not all verbose levels are used.
- HostnameFlag = value
Value is 0 or 1. Includes hostname in the IDENT string if 1.
- ncidaddr = host address
The NCID server host address can be an IP address or a resolvable host name.
- ncidport = port
The NCID server port number.
- delay = seconds
If the connection to the NCID server is lost, this specifies the number of seconds between reconnection attempts.
- cellport = port
The listen port as specified in the Remote Notifier application.
- reject = from address[,from address][,from address]...
SMS and MMS messages usually have a 'from' address and depending on the carrier this could be a number or an email address. Specify a comma separated list of addresses that will NOT be transmitted by the NCID server to all listening NCID clients. This is used to prevent endless loops which could result in excessively high data or text charges by your cell phone carrier.
Remote Notifier sends the 'from' address in its 'data' (fifth) field. See Notes below.
An example of an endless loop would be:
- cell phone gets SMS
- Remote Notifier sends out the SMS
- rn2ncid gets the SMS and sends it to the NCID server as 'MSG'
- the ncid-page module gets this 'MSG' and forwards it back to the cell phone
- cell phone gets the 'MSG' as an SMS
- cycle repeats forever
To prevent this endless loop, suppose you have ncid-page.conf configured to send SMS messages to your cell 'from' your email address of: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might want to set 'reject' to be:
reject = email@example.com
Remote Notifier sends six pieces of information:
- (1) version (e.g., 'v2')
- (2) unique device id in hex
- (3) unique notification id in hex
- (4) event type (BATTERY, PING, SMS, etc.)
- (5) data (terse information)
- (6) event contents (verbose free-form text, can be multi-line)
Set the NCID server IP address:
ncidaddr = 192.168.1.20
Set the Remote Notifier listen port
cellport = 10600
Reject SMS/MMS messages to manage text blocking
reject = 9999