The ncidd.whitelist file contains the expressions to match against a telephone call name or number.
If the hangup option is set and if there is no match in the whitelist file, a match in the blacklist file will cause ncidd to automatically terminate the call.
The ncidd.whitelist file understands 4 types of lines:
- blank line:
- comment line:
- entry line:
Entry lines contain one or more expressions and an optional comment. An expression is either a string of non-blank characters or everything between double quotes. Multiple expressions are separated by spaces. A comment must be last.
Entry line comments are either normal comments or match name comments.
A normal comment begins with a '#' and must not be immediately followed by an equals sign. Anything after the '#' is ignored.
A match comment begins with '#=' and is followed by a name to display for the caller when the entry matches either the number or name of a call. Do not use double quotes around the name.
Example: ncidd.blacklist: ^999 #= Unwanted Area code
ncidd.whitelist: 9995550000 #= WHT (999) 555-0000
- Each expression is compared to the caller name and number.
- Upper and lower case letters are significant.
- The number must be a string of digits as they appear in /var/log/cidcall.log.
- A leading '1' is required if it is in /var/log/cidcall.log.
- A partial name or number can match.
- If regular expressions are used (regex = 1):
* POSIX Extended Regular Expression Syntax.
* Introduction to Regular Expressions
- A '^' at the beginning of an expression means it must match at the start of a name or number.
- A "^1?" at the beginning makes a leading 1 optional. This is only useful for US/Canadian numbers.
- If an expression is longer than the name or number field it will never match.
Blacklist the unassigned 999 area code with and without a leading 1, but allow a call from 999-555-1212:
Whitelist expression for an optional leading 1 (US/Canada only):
ncidd(8), ncidd.conf(5), ncidd.alias(5), ncidd.blacklist(5)
cidalias(1), hangup-calls(1), hangup-closed-skel(1), hangup-combo-skel(1), hangup-fakenum(1), hangup-fcc(1), hangup-greylist(1), hangup-message-skel(1), hangup-nohangup(1), hangup-skel(1), ncidd(8), ncidd.alias(5), ncidd.blacklist(5), ncidd.conf(5), ncid_recordings(7), ncidutil(1).