ncidd.blacklist man page
ncidd.blacklist — blacklist file for ncidd hangup
The ncidd.blacklist file contains the expressions to match against a telephone call name or number.
If the hangup option is set and if there is no match in the whitelist file, a match in the blacklist file will cause ncidd to automatically terminate the call.
The ncidd.blacklist file understands 4 types of lines:
- blank line:
- comment line:
- entry line:
Entry lines contain one or more expressions and an optional comment. An expression is either a string of non-blank characters or everything between double quotes. Multiple expressions are separated by spaces. A comment must be last.
Entry line comments are either normal comments or match name comments.
A normal comment begins with a '#' and must not be immediately followed by an equals sign. Anything after the '#' is ignored.
A match name comment begins with '#=' and is followed by a name to display for the caller when the entry matches either the number or name of a call. Do not use double quotes around the name.
Example: 407-555-5670 #= Unwanted Marketing Call
- Each expression is compared to the caller name and number.
- Upper and lower case letters are significant.
- The number must be a string of digits as they appear in /var/log/cidcall.log.
- A leading '1' is required if it is in /var/log/cidcall.log.
- A partial name or number can match.
- If regular expressions are used (regex = 1):
* POSIX Extended Regular Expression Syntax.
* Introduction to Regular Expressions
- A '^' at the beginning of an expression means it must match at the start of a name or number.
- A "^1?" at the beginning makes a leading 1 optional. This is only useful for US/Canadian numbers.
- If an expression is longer than the name or number field it will never match.
Blacklist the unassigned 999 area code with and without a leading 1
Blacklist callers with the name "BAD MARKETING":
Blacklist anything with "MARKETING" in the name:
Blacklist a caller name and a different caller number on one line:
ncidd.8, ncidd.conf.5, ncidd.alias.5, ncidd.whitelist.5