kyua-tester-result man page
kyua-tester-result — Result files created by the Kyua testers
The ‘test’ subcommand of the various Kyua testers creates a file describing the result of the execution of a single test case.
The result file contains the type of the result and, optionally, a textual description explaining what caused the given result. The description is separated from the type by a colon-space character pair.
The result type may be any of the following:
- The test case did not follow the conventions of the test interface correctly and therefore it is considered to be broken. This includes a test case timing out.
- The test case raised an error but such error was expected. The tester will repor the test as passed.
- The test case raised an error.
- The test case passed successfully.
- The test case was not executed because some preconditions were not met. This is considered as a successful result.