detox.tbl man page
detox.tbl — translation table for detox(1)
detox allows for configuration of how the ISO 8859-1 and UTF-8 (Unicode) filters operate. Through text based translation tables, it is possible to tune how these character sets are interpreted.
The format of the translation tables is simple. There are two levels: one containing meta data and one containing the actual translations.
- Default specifies the default translation for a character. An empty or nonexistent default indicates that any unknown character should fall through to the next filter. In this manner, it is possible to chain together multiple translation tables in a sequence.
- Indicates the start of a value list within the translation table.
- Indicates the start of a language specific value list within the translation table.
- Indicates the end of a value list within the translation table.
- Value can be specified in decimal (1), hex (0x01) or octal (01). The same rules that apply to sscanf apply here.
Translation can be a string or a quoted string, with either single or double quotes.
default _ start 0x0101 a 0x0102 b end
detox was written by.