#include <libpmem2.h> struct pmem2_source; struct pmem2_badblock_context; int pmem2_badblock_context_new( struct pmem2_badblock_context **bbctx, const struct pmem2_source *src); void pmem2_badblock_context_delete( struct pmem2_badblock_context **bbctx);
The pmem2_badblock_context_new() function instantiates a new (opaque) bad block context structure, pmem2_badblock_context, which is used to read and clear bad blocks (by pmem2_badblock_next() and pmem2_badblock_clear()). The function returns the bad block context through the pointer in *bbctx.
New bad block context structure is initialized with values read from the source given as the first argument (src).
A bad block is an uncorrectable media error - a part of a storage media that is either inaccessible or unwritable due to permanent physical damage. In case of memory-mapped I/O, if a process tries to access (read or write) the corrupted block, it will be terminated by the SIGBUS signal.
The pmem2_badblock_context_delete() function frees *bbctx returned by pmem2_badblock_context_new() and sets *bbctx to NULL. If *bbctx is NULL, no operation is performed.
It is not supported on Windows.
The pmem2_badblock_context_new() function returns 0 on success or a negative error code on failure.
The pmem2_badblock_context_new() sets *bbctx to NULL on failure.
The pmem2_badblock_context_delete() does not return any value.
The pmem2_badblock_context_new() can fail with the following errors:
- PMEM2_E_INVALID_FILE_TYPE - src is not a regular file nor a character device.
- PMEM2_E_DAX_REGION_NOT_FOUND - cannot find a DAX region for the given src.
- PMEM2_E_CANNOT_READ_BOUNDS - cannot read offset or size of the namespace of the given src.
- PMEM2_E_NOSUPP - on Windows or when the OS does not support this functionality
- -ENOMEM - out of memory
- -errno - set by failing ndctl_new, while trying to create a new ndctl context.
- -errno - set by failing fstat(2), while trying to validate the file descriptor of src.
- -errno - set by failing realpath(3), while trying to get the canonicalized absolute sysfs pathname of DAX device given in src.
- -errno - set by failing open(2), while trying to open the FSDAX device matching with the src.
- -errno - set by failing read(2), while trying to read from the FSDAX device matching with the src.
- -errno - set by failing ndctl_region_get_resource, while reading an offset of the region of the given src.
- -errno - set by failing fiemap ioctl(2), while reading file extents of the given src.
pmem2_badblock_next(3), pmem2_badblock_clear(3), libpmem2(7) and <https://pmem.io>
libpmem2(7), pmem2_badblock_clear(3), pmem2_badblock_next(3).
The man page pmem2_badblock_context_delete(3) is an alias of pmem2_badblock_context_new(3).