ssize_t mongoc_stream_read (mongoc_stream_t *stream, void *buf, size_t count, size_t min_bytes, int32_t timeout_msec);
- stream: A mongoc_stream_t.
- buf: The buffer to read into.
- count: The number of bytes to read.
- min_bytes: The minimum number of bytes to read, or else indicate failure.
- timeout_msec: The number of milliseconds to wait before failure, a timeout of 0 will not block. If negative, use the default timeout.
The mongoc_stream_read() function shall perform a read from a mongoc_stream_t. It's modeled on the API and semantics of read(), though the parameters map only loosely.
The mongoc_stream_read() function returns the number of bytes read on success. It returns >= 0 and < min_bytes when end-of-file is encountered and -1 on failure. errno is set upon failure.
2017-present, MongoDB, Inc