bool mongoc_collection_delete_one (mongoc_collection_t *collection, const bson_t *selector, const bson_t *opts, bson_t *reply, bson_error_t *error);
- collection: A mongoc_collection_t.
- selector: A bson_t containing the query to match documents.
- reply: Optional. An uninitialized bson_t populated with the delete result, or NULL.
- error: An optional location for a bson_error_t or NULL.
opts may be NULL or a BSON document with additional command options:
- writeConcern: Construct a mongoc_write_concern_t and use mongoc_write_concern_append to add the write concern to opts. See the example code for mongoc_client_write_command_with_opts.
- sessionId: First, construct a mongoc_client_session_t with mongoc_client_start_session. You can begin a transaction with mongoc_client_session_start_transaction, optionally with a mongoc_transaction_opt_t that overrides the options inherited from collection, and use mongoc_client_session_append to add the session to opts. See the example code for mongoc_client_session_t.
- validate: Construct a bitwise-or of all desired bson_validate_flags_t. Set to false to skip client-side validation of the provided BSON documents.
- collation: Configure textual comparisons. See Setting Collation Order, and the MongoDB Manual entry on Collation. Collation requires MongoDB 3.2 or later, otherwise an error is returned.
- hint: A document or string that specifies the index to use to support the query predicate.
This function removes at most one document in the given collection that matches selector.
To delete all matching documents, use mongoc_collection_delete_many.
If you pass a non-NULL reply, it is filled out with the field "deletedCount". If there is a server error then reply contains either a "writeErrors" array with one subdocument or a "writeConcernErrors" array. The reply must be freed with bson_destroy().
Errors are propagated via the error parameter.
Returns true if successful. Returns false and sets error if there are invalid arguments or a server or network error.
2017-present, MongoDB, Inc