bool mongoc_client_set_appname (mongoc_client_t *client, const char *appname)
Sets the application name for this client. This string, along with other internal driver details, is sent to the server as part of the initial connection handshake ("hello").
appname is copied, and doesn't have to remain valid after the call to mongoc_client_set_appname().
This function will log an error and return false in the following cases:
- appname is longer than MONGOC_HANDSHAKE_APPNAME_MAX
- client has already initiated a handshake
- client is from a mongoc_client_pool_t
- client: A mongoc_client_t.
- appname: The application name, of length at most MONGOC_HANDSHAKE_APPNAME_MAX.
true if the appname is set successfully. Otherwise, false.
2017-present, MongoDB, Inc