libpfm_intel_knc man page
libpfm_intel_knc — support for Intel Knights Corner
PMU name: knc
PMU desc: Intel Knights Corner
The library supports Intel Knights Corner processors.
The following modifiers are supported on Intel Knights Corner processors:
- Measure at user level which includes privilege levels 1, 2, 3. This corresponds to PFM_PLM3. This is a boolean modifier.
- Measure at kernel level which includes privilege level 0. This corresponds to PFM_PLM0. This is a boolean modifier.
- Invert the meaning of the event. The counter will now count cycles in which the event is not occurring. This is a boolean modifier
- Enable edge detection, i.e., count only when there is a state transition. This is a boolean modifier.
- Set the counter mask value. The mask acts as a threshold. The counter will count the number of cycles in which the number of occurrences of the event is greater or equal to the threshold. This is an integer modifier with values in the range [0:255].
- Measure on all threads at the same time assuming hyper-threading is enabled. This is a boolean modifier.
Stephane Eranian <firstname.lastname@example.org>
September, 2012 Linux Programmer's Manual