libpfm_intel_core man page
libpfm_intel_core — support for Intel Core-based processors
PMU name: core
PMU desc: Intel Core
The library supports all Intel Core-based processors that includes models 15, 23, 29.
The following modifiers are supported on Intel Core processors:
- Measure at user level which includes privilege levels 1, 2, 3. This corresponds to PFM_PLM3. This is a boolean modifier.
- Measure at kernel level which includes privilege level 0. This corresponds to PFM_PLM0. This is a boolean modifier.
- Invert the meaning of the event. The counter will now count cycles in which the event is not occurring. This is a boolean modifier
- Enable edge detection, i.e., count only when there is a state transition from no occurrence of the event to at least one occurrence. This modifier must be combined with a counter mask modifier (m) with a value greater or equal to one. This is a boolean modifier.
- Set the counter mask value. The mask acts as a threshold. The counter will count the number of cycles in which the number of occurrences of the event is greater or equal to the threshold. This is an integer modifier with values in the range [0:255].
Stephane Eranian <email@example.com>