comedi_command_test man page
comedi_command_test — test streaming input/output configuration
int comedi_command_test(comedi_t * device, comedi_cmd * command);
The function comedi_command_test tests the command structure pointed to by the parameter command and returns an integer describing the testing stages that were successfully passed. In addition, if elements of the comedi_cmd structure are invalid, they may be modified. Source elements are modified to remove invalid source triggers. Argument elements are adjusted or rounded to the nearest valid value.
The meanings of the return value are as follows:
- 0 indicates a valid command.
- 1 indicates that one of the ..._src members of the command contained an unsupported trigger. The bits corresponding to the unsupported triggers are zeroed.
- 2 indicates that the particular combination of ..._src settings is not supported by the driver, or that one of the ..._src members has the bit corresponding to multiple trigger sources set at the same time.
- 3 indicates that one of the ..._arg members of the command is set outside the range of allowable values. For instance, an argument for a TRIG_TIMER source which exceeds the board's maximum speed. The invalid ..._arg members will be adjusted to valid values.
- 4 indicates that one of the ..._arg members required adjustment. For instance, the argument of a TRIG_TIMER source may have been rounded to the nearest timing period supported by the board.
- 5 indicates that some aspect of the command's chanlist is unsupported by the board. For example, some analog input boards require that all channels in the chanlist use the same input range.
On failure, -1 is returned.
- David Schleef <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Frank Mori Hess <email@example.com>
- Herman Bruyninckx <Herman.Bruyninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be>
- Bernd Porr <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Ian Abbott <email@example.com>
- Éric Piel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Copyright © 1998-2003 David Schleef
Copyright © 2001-2003, 2005, 2008 Frank Mori Hess
Copyright © 2002-2003 Herman Bruyninckx
Copyright © 2012 Bernd Porr
Copyright © 2012 Ian Abbott
Copyright © 2012, 2015 Éric Piel
This document is part of Comedilib. In the context of this document, the term "source code" as defined by the license is interpreted as the XML source.
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, version 2.1 of the License.
This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA.