wxGUI.vnet.1grass man page
Vector Network Analysis Tool is graphical front-end for v.net* modules. It allows perform network analysis directly in wxGUI without need to use command line. The tool can be launched from Layer Manager menu Vector → Network analysis → Vector network analysis tool or from Map Display toolbar Analyse map → Vector network analysis tool .
Subsets for nearest centers (v.net.alloc)
Vector Network Analysis Tool currently allows you to:
- perform these network analyses:
- Shortest path (v.net.path)
- Salesman (v.net.salesman)
- Flow (v.net.flow)
- Allocate subnets for nearest centers (v.net.alloc)
- Steiner tree for the network and given terminals (v.net.distance)
- Splits net by cost isolines (v.net.iso)
- show and set all data needed for the analysis (points, attribute tables, compute costs)
- show analysis results (maps and it’s attribute tables)
- snapping to nodes
- browse previous analysis results
The tool is split into tabs. Every tab represents some functionality:
- Parameters tab
- It is used for setting vector map and it’s layer on which analysis will be done. Also it is possible to set columns with cost values from attribute table connected to particular layer.
- Points tab
- It manages points, which are used for analysis.
- Output tab
- There is a output console, which shows information about running analysis.
- Input tables tab
- When existing vector map and it’s existing layers are set in Parameters tab, this tab is dynamically added. It shows attribute tables of node and arc layers, which were chosen for analysis. It is also possible to compute cost values in this tab. This can be done by right mouse button click on column label. Then from pop-up menu choose Add column, where new column for cost values can be created. After that by right mouse button click on the added column label can be chosen item Field calculator. This tool computes cost values.
- Result tables tab
- The result of vector network analysis is always a vector map. Some vector network analysis results can also include attribute tables. If such a table is connected to the result map, this tab is shown and with it you can browse the data.
When some change is done in layer tree of Map Display, temporary vector map representing result of analysis is not rendered (use Show result button in toolbar to render it again).
See list of vector network modules.
See also the user wiki page including video tutorial.
Stepan Turek, Google Summer of Code 2012 (mentor: Martin Landa)
$Date: 2013-09-30 23:56:24 +0200 (Mon, 30 Sep 2013) $
Main index | wxGUI index | Topics index | Keywords index | Full index
© 2003-2016 GRASS Development Team, GRASS GIS 7.0.4 Reference Manual