unar man page
unar — extract archive file contents
unar [OPTION]... ARCHIVE [FILE]...
- -o, -output-directory DIRECTORY
- The directory to write the contents of the archive to. Defaults to the current directory.
- -f, -force-overwrite
- Always overwrite files when a file to be unpacked already exists on disk. By default, the program asks the user if possible, otherwise skips the file.
- -r, -force-rename
- Always rename files when a file to be unpacked already exists on disk.
- -s, -force-skip
- Always skip files when a file to be unpacked already exists on disk.
- -d, -force-directory
- Always create a containing directory for the contents of the unpacked archive. By default, a directory is created if there is more than one top-level file or folder.
- -D, -no-directory
- Never create a containing directory for the contents of the unpacked archive.
- -p, -password PASSWORD
- The password to use for decrypting protected archives.
- -e, -encoding ENCODING
- The encoding to use for filenames in the archive, when it is not known. If not specified, the program attempts to auto-detect the encoding used. Use "help" or "list" as the argument to give a listing of all supported encodings.
- -E, -password-encoding ENCODING
- The encoding to use for the password for the archive, when it is not known. If not specified, then either the encoding given by the -encoding option or the auto-detected encoding is used.
- -i, -indexes
- Instead of specifying the files to list as filenames or wildcard patterns, specify them as indexes, as output by lsar.
- -nr, -no-recursion
- Do not attempt to extract archives contained in other archives. For instance, when unpacking a .tar.gz file, only unpack the .tar file and not its contents.
- -t, -copy-time
- Copy the file modification time from the archive file to the containing directory, if one is created.
- -k, -forks visible|hidden|skip
- How to handle Mac OS resource forks. visible creates AppleDouble files with the extension ".rsrc", hidden creates AppleDouble files with the prefix "._", and skip discards all resource forks. Defaults to visible.
- -q, -quiet
- Run in quiet mode.
- -h, -help
- Display help information.