tv_grab_eu_epgdata --help tv_grab_eu_epgdata tv_grab_eu_epgdata --version
tv_grab_eu_epgdata [--config-file FILE]
[--days N] [--offset N]
[--output FILE] [--quiet] [--debug]
tv_grab_eu_epgdata --configure [--config-file FILE]
tv_grab_eu_epgdata --configure-api [--stage NAME]
tv_grab_eu_epgdata --list-channels [--config-file FILE]
[--output FILE] [--quiet] [--debug]
Output TV and listings in XMLTV format for many stations available in Europe.
First you must run tv_grab_eu_epgdata --configure to choose which stations you want to receive.
Then running tv_grab_eu_epgdata with no arguments will get a listings for the stations you chose for five days including today.
This is a commercial grabber. Go to http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/EU_epgdata to sign up or send an e-mail to email@example.com for further information. It's also possible to ask for a test account.
- Prompt for which stations to download and write the configuration file.
- --config-file FILE
- Set the name of the configuration file, the default is ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_eu_epgdata.conf. This is the file written by --configure and read when grabbing.
- --gui OPTION
- Use this option to enable a graphical interface to be used. OPTION may be 'Tk', or left blank for the best available choice. Additional allowed values of OPTION are 'Term' for normal terminal output (default) and 'TermNoProgressBar' to disable the use of Term::ProgressBar.
- --output FILE
- When grabbing, write output to FILE rather than standard output.
- --days N
- When grabbing, grab N days rather than 5.
- --offset N
- Start grabbing at today + N days.
- Do not show status messages.
- Provide more information on progress to stderr to help in debugging.
- --list-channels Output a list of all channels that data is available
for. The list is in xmltv-format.
- Show the version of the grabber.
- Print a help message and exit.
- --preferredmethod Shows the preferred method for downloading data
(see http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/XmltvCapabilities) =head1 ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The environment variable HOME can be set to change where configuration files are stored. All configuration is stored in
$HOME/.xmltv/. On Windows, it might be necessary to set HOME to a path without spaces in it.
For a list of supported channels, see the channel_ids file distributed with this grabber. If additional channels are available, you will receive a warning when you run --configure.
Once I am aware that new channels are available, the channel_ids file will be updated and this grabber will automatically fetch an updated copy.
The channel ids used in this grabber aim to be mostly possible with other grabbers, eg tv_grab_de_prisma and some other grabbers for other countries. NOTE: Retaining compatibility was not always possible or practicable. You can get a list of channel ids using --list-channels
Michael Haas, laga -at- laga -dot- ath -dot - cx. This documentation is copied from tv_grab_se_swedb by Mattias Holmlund, which in turn was copied from tv_grab_uk by Ed Avis. Parts of the code are copied from tv_grab_se_swedb and tv_grab_na_dd (in XMLTV 0.5.45) as well as various other sources.
There's no proper support for channels with locally different schedules. For example, if your EPG package is a German one, you'll get the EPG schedule for Germany even if you preferred the Swiss schedule which is also available in the data (for some channels at least).
Timezones are not handled correctly. Currently, you have to enter your time zone manually during the configure step. You have to do this every time your time zone changes, eg for daylight saving time ("Sommerzeit" and "Normalzeit" for my fellow Germans). I'll try to have this fixed for the next XMLTV release. Please see this thread for further discussion and some additional issues:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tv.xmltv.devel/7919 FYI: you can modify the time zone directly in the config file which is usually located at ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_eu_epgdata.conf or ~/.mythtv/FOO.xmltv where FOO is the name of your video source in MythTV.
If the data source gives us data for one day, they'll also cover a part of the following day. Maybe this should be fixed. Please note: data is not overlapping! So if we want to get data for today, we might as well grab yesterday because that'll give us EPG till ~5am for today.
I'm sure this list is not complete. Let me know if you encounter additional problems.