tss2_verifyquote(1) - This command verifies that the data returned by a quote is valid. This includes
- Reconstructing the quoteInfo’s PCR values from the eventLog (if an eventLog was provided)
- Verifying the quoteInfo using the signature and the publicKeyPath
An application using tss2_verifyquote() will further have to
- Assess the publicKey’s trustworthiness
- Assess the eventLog entries’ trustworthiness
These are the available options:
-Q, --qualifyingData FILENAME or - (for stdin):
A nonce provided by the caller to ensure freshness of the signature. Optional parameter.
-l, --pcrLog FILENAME or - (for stdin):
Returns the PCR event log for the chosen PCR. Optional parameter.
PCR event logs are a list (arbitrary length JSON array) of log entries with the following content.
- recnum: Unique record number - pcr: PCR index - digest: The digests - type: The type of event. At the moment the only possible value is: "LINUX_IMA" (legacy IMA) - eventDigest: Digest of the event; e.g. the digest of the measured file - eventName: Name of the event; e.g. the name of the measured file.
-q, --quoteInfo FILENAME or - (for stdin):
The JSON-encoded structure holding the inputs to the quote operation. This includes the digest value and PCR values.
-k, --publicKeyPath STRING:
Identifies the signing key. MAY be a path to the public key hierarchy /ext.
-i, --signature FILENAME or - (for stdin):
The signature over the quoted material.
This collection of options are common to all tss2 programs and provide information that many users may expect.
-h, --help [man|no-man]: Display the tools manpage. By default, it attempts to invoke the manpager for the tool, however, on failure will output a short tool summary. This is the same behavior if the “man” option argument is specified, however if explicit “man” is requested, the tool will provide errors from man on stderr. If the “no-man” option if specified, or the manpager fails, the short options will be output to stdout.
To successfully use the manpages feature requires the manpages to be installed or on MANPATH, See man(1) for more details.
- -v, --version: Display version information for this tool, supported tctis and exit.
tss2_verifyquote --publicKeyPath "ext/myNewParent" --qualifyingData qualifyingData.file --quoteInfo quoteInfo.file --signature signature.file --pcrLog pcrLog.file
0 on success or 1 on failure.
Github Issues (https://github.com/tpm2-software/tpm2-tools/issues)
See the Mailing List (https://lists.01.org/mailman/listinfo/tpm2)