tss2_provision(1) - This command provisions a FAPI instance and its associated TPM. The steps taken are:
- Retrieve the EK template, nonce and certificate, verify that they match the TPM’s EK and store them in the key store.
- Set the authValues and policies for the Owner (Storage Hierarchy), the Privacy Administrator (Endorsement Hierarchy) and the lockout authority.
- Scan the TPM’s nv indices and create entries in the metadata store. This operation MAY use a heuristic to guess the originating programs for nv indices found and name the entries accordingly.
- Create the SRK (storage primary key) inside the TPM and make it persistent if required by the FAPI configuration and stored its metadata in the system-wide metadata store. Note that the SRK will not have an authorization value associated.
If an authorization value is associated with the storage hierarchy, it is highly RECOMMENDED that the SRK without authorization value is made persistent.
These are the available options:
- -E, --authValueEh STRING: The authorization value for the privacy admin, i.e. the endorsement hierarchy. Optional parameter.
- -S, --authValueSh STRING: The authorization value for the owner, i.e. the storage hierarchy. Optional parameter.
- -L, --authValueLockout STRING: The authorization value for the lockout authorization. Optional parameter.
This collection of options are common to all tss2 programs and provide information that many users may expect.
-h, --help [man|no-man]: Display the tools manpage. By default, it attempts to invoke the manpager for the tool, however, on failure will output a short tool summary. This is the same behavior if the “man” option argument is specified, however if explicit “man” is requested, the tool will provide errors from man on stderr. If the “no-man” option if specified, or the manpager fails, the short options will be output to stdout.
To successfully use the manpages feature requires the manpages to be installed or on MANPATH, See man(1) for more details.
- -v, --version: Display version information for this tool, supported tctis and exit.
0 on success or 1 on failure.
Github Issues (https://github.com/tpm2-software/tpm2-tools/issues)
See the Mailing List (https://lists.01.org/mailman/listinfo/tpm2)