swappy is a command-line utility to take and edit screenshots of Wayland desktops. Works great with grim, slurp and sway. But can easily work with other screen copy tools that can output a final PNG image to stdout.
swappy will save the annotated images to the config save_dir, see below.
If absent, then if it will try to default to a Desktop folder following this pattern: $XDG_DESKTOP_DIR. If this variable is not set, it will revert to: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/Desktop. If $XDG_CONFIG_HOME is not set, it will revert to: $HOME/Desktop.
- -h, --help
Show help message and quit.
- -v, --version
Show version and quit.
- -f, --file <file>
A PNG file to load for editing.
If set to -, read the file from standard input instead. This is grim friendly.
- -o, --output-file <file>
Print the final surface to <file> when exiting the application.
If set to -, prints the final surface to stdout.
Note that the Save button will save the image to the config save_dir parameter, as described in the Description section.
The config file is located at $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/swappy/config or at $HOME/.config/swappy/config. The file follows the GLib conf format.
The following lines can be used as swappy's default:
[Default] save_dir=$HOME/Desktop save_filename_format=swappy-%Y%m%d-%H%M%S.png show_panel=false line_size=5 text_size=20 text_font=sans-serif
- save_dir is where swappshots will be saved, can contain env variables and must exist in your filesystem
- save_filename_format is the filename template, if it contains a date format, this will be parsed into a timestamp. Format is detailed in strftime(3). If this date format is missing, filename will have no timestamp
- show_panel is used to toggle the paint panel on or off upon startup
- line_size is the default line size (must be between 1 and 50)
- text_size is the default text size (must be between 10 and 50)
- text_font is the font used to render text, its format is pango friendly
- Ctrl+b: Toggle Paint Panel
- b: Switch to Brush
- t: Switch to Text
- r: Switch to Rectangle
- o: Switch to Ellipse
- a: Switch to Arrow
- d: Switch to Blur (d stands for droplet)
- R: Use Red Color
- G: Use Green Color
- B: Use Blue Color
- C: Use Custom Color
- Minus: Reduce Stroke Size
- Plus: Increase Stroke Size
- Equal: Reset Stroke Size
- k: Clear Paints (cannot be undone)
- Ctrl+z: Undo
- Ctrl+Shift+z or Ctrl+y: Redo
- Ctrl+s: Save to file (see man page)
- Ctrl+c: Copy to clipboard
- Escape or q or Ctrl+w: Quit swappy
Written and maintained by jtheoof <email@example.com>. See https://github.com/jtheoof/swappy.