stg-edit man page
stg-edit — Edit a patch description or diff
stg edit [options] [--] [<patch>]
Edit the description and author information of the given patch (or the current patch if no patch name was given). With --diff, also edit the diff.
The editor is invoked with the following contents:
From: A U Thor <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: creation date
If --diff was specified, the diff appears at the bottom, after a separator:
Command-line options can be used to modify specific information without invoking the editor. (With the --edit option, the editor is invoked even if such command-line options are given.)
If the patch diff is edited but does not apply, no changes are made to the patch at all. The edited patch is saved to a file which you can feed to "stg edit --file", once you have made sure it does apply.
With --set-tree you set the git tree of the patch to the specified TREE-ISH without changing the tree of any other patches. When used on the top patch, the index and work tree will be updated to match the tree. This low-level option is primarily meant to be used by tools built on top of StGit, such as the Emacs mode. See also the --set-tree flag of stg push.
- -d , --diff
- Edit the patch diff.
- -e , --edit
- Invoke interactive editor.
- Add a "Signed-off-by:" to the end of the patch.
- Add an "Acked-by:" line to the end of the patch.
- Add a "Reviewed-by:" line to the end of the patch.
- -m MESSAGE , --message MESSAGE
- Use MESSAGE instead of invoking the editor.
- -f FILE , --file FILE
- Use the contents of FILE instead of invoking the editor. (If FILE is "-", write to stdout.)
- --save-template FILE
- Instead of running the command, just write the message template to FILE, and exit. (If FILE is "-", write to stdout.)
When driving StGit from another program, it is often useful to first call a command with --save-template, then let the user edit the message, and then call the same command with --file.
- --author "NAME <EMAIL>"
- Set the author details.
- --authname NAME
- Set the author name.
- --authemail EMAIL
- Set the author email.
- --authdate DATE
- Set the author date.
- -O Options , --diff-opts Options
- Extra options to pass to "git diff".
- -t TREE-ISH , --set-tree TREE-ISH
- Set the git tree of the patch to TREE-ISH.
Part of the StGit suite - see stg(1)
Explore man page connections for stg-edit(1).