smuxi-frontend-stfl man page
smuxi-frontend-stfl — terminal frontend for Smuxi chat client
|smuxi-frontend-stfl|| [-dlh] [-e |
smuxi-frontend-stfl is a terminal frontend for the Smuxi chat client, powered by the STFL library. It can operate standalone or attached to a remote Smuxi engine.
The options are as follows:
- -d, --debug
- Turn on debugging. Debug logs are sent to
$XDG_DATA_HOME/smuxi/smuxi-frontend-stfl.log, and older logs are moved to the date of usage.
- -h, --help
- Show the arguments Smuxi takes.
- -l, --list-engines
- List the available engines Smuxi can connect to.
- Connect to a remote engine.
The keyboards are similar to that of irssi and similar clients. Note that some terminal control characters (like C-c, C-z, etc) are not intercepted. Common line editing keys that work in graphical applications will also work. In the following examples, C-x means Control-x.
- complete nickname
- move up the scrollback
- move down the scrollback
- C-p, C-PageUp
- previous window
- C-n, C-PageDown
- next window
- jump to the previous word
- jump to the next word
- delete word
- exit frontend
Like most IRC clients, Smuxi uses commands prefixed with "/", and most use the same commands, also including its own set of commands for the client and engine. In the following examples, the "/" prefix is not included.
- Exit the Smuxi frontend gracefully.
- window close
- Closes the current window.
- Goes to the window with that number.
- Connects to the server with the given protocol.
- Connects to the preset network.
- Disconnects from server. If no parameter is passed, then the server associated with the current window will be disconnected.
- config list
- Lists the configuration options.
- config get
- Get the configuration key's value.
- config set
- Set the configuration key's value.
- Shuts down the current engine.
- smuxi debug log
- smuxi local engine config
- smuxi frontend configuration and remote engine list
smuxi-frontend-gnome(1), smuxi-server(1), smuxi-message-buffer(1)
Smuxi, including this frontend, was written by Mirco Bauer. Contributions to this frontend were also made by Ondřej Hošek and Andrius Bentkus.
This manpage was written by Calvin Buckley.
smuxi-frontend-gnome(1), smuxi-message-buffer(1), smuxi-server(1).
Explore man page connections for smuxi-frontend-stfl(1).