siglevdetcal <configuration file> <RX config section name>
siglevdetcal is the SvxLink signal level detector calibration utility. It is used to assist in the setup of the SIGLEV_SLOPE and SIGLEV_OFFSET configuration variables for a local receiver. The signal level detector need to be calibrated if a voter or the SIGLEV squelch detector is going to be used.
The calibration procedure is quite simple and everything is more or less explained at run-time. The procedure is outlined below.
- Disconnect the antenna and the PTT cable. The PTT might be triggered by the siglevdetcal utility. If you want to be really sure that no harm come to your transceiver, connect a dummy load.
- Setup the audio input level. The audio input level must not be changed after the calibration has been done.
- Start the siglevdetcal utility.
- Transmit on another radio so that the receiver under calibration will receive full signal strength.
- Still holding the PTT, press ENTER and wait until the squelch open level measurements have been done.
- Release the PTT. Make sure the squelch is open so that only noise is received.
- Press ENTER to start the squelch close level measurements.
- When finished, the two config variables SIGLEV_SLOPE and SIGLEV_OFFSET are printed. Put these in your configuration file under the corresponding receiver configuration section.
- Start the SvxLink server and verify that full signal strength is showed as about 100 and open squelch is showed as about 0. If full signal strength is not showed, you might have to setup SQL_DELAY to delay the signal level measurement until the signal is stable.
Set this environment variable to 1 if you get an error about ioctl: Broken pipe when the remotetrx server starts.
Tobias Blomberg (SM0SVX) <sm0svx at users dot sourceforge dot net>
SvxLink Devel <svxlink-devel at lists dot sourceforge dot net>
svxlink(1), remotetrx(1), svxlink.conf(5)
devcal(1), remotetrx(1), remotetrx.conf(5), svxlink.conf(5).