sc_ally man page
sc_ally — scamper driver to run Ally on a list of candidate aliases.
|sc_ally|| [-?D] [-i |
The sc_ally utility provides the ability to connect to a running scamper(1) instance and have a set of IPv4 address-pairs tested for aliases using the Ally technique. For each address pair in the file, sc_ally establishes which probe methods (UDP, TCP-ack, ICMP-echo) solicit an incrementing IP-ID value, and then uses the Ally technique on pairs where a probe method is able to obtain an incrementing IP-ID for both addresses. The output is written to a warts file. The options are as follows:
- prints a list of command line options and a synopsis of each.
- causes sc_ally to detach and become a daemon.
- specifies the name of the input file which consists of a sequence of IPv4 address-pairs, one pair per line.
- specifies the name of the output file to be written. The output file will use the warts format.
- specifies the port on the local host where scamper(1) is accepting control socket connections.
- specifies the name of a unix domain socket where scamper(1) is accepting control socket connections.
- specifies the fudge factor to use when (1) inferring if IPIDs are assigned from a counter, and (2) inferring if two addresses share the same counter.
- specifies the inter-probe gap for both ping and Ally measurements, in milliseconds. The default is 1000ms (1 second); the minimum is 200ms, and the maximum is 2000ms.
- specifies the number of times to try Ally when one of the addresses is unresponsive.
- specifies the name of a file to log output from sc_ally generated at run time.
- specifies the minimum length of time, in seconds, to wait between completing a measurement to a particular IP address and issuing the next.
Given a set of IPv4-address pairs in a file named infile.txt:
192.0.2.1 220.127.116.11 192.0.2.2 18.104.22.168 192.0.2.3 22.214.171.124
and a scamper(1) daemon listening on port 31337, then these address-pairs can be tested for aliases using
sc_ally -i infile.txt -o outfile.warts -p 31337
N. Spring, R. Mahajan, and D. Wetherall, Measuring ISP topologies with Rocketfuel, Proc. ACM SIGCOMM 2002. scamper(1), sc_wartsdump(1), sc_warts2text(1)
sc_ally is written by Matthew Luckie <email@example.com>.
Explore man page connections for sc_ally(1).