qpdf man page
qpdf — PDF transformation software
- Extract pages 1-3, 5 and 6-10 from a PDF file and save them as another one:
qpdf --empty --pages input.pdf 1-3,5,6-10 -- output.pdf
- Merge (concatenate) a list of PDF files and save the result as another one:
qpdf --empty --pages file1.pdf 1,6-8 --pages file2.pdf 3,4,5 -- output.pdf
- Write each group of n pages to a separate output file with a given filename pattern:
qpdf --split-pages=n input.pdf out_%d.pdf
- Rotate certain pages of a pdf with a given angle:
qpdf --rotate=90:2,4,6 --rotate=180:7-8 input.pdf output.pdf
- Remove the password from a password protected file:
qpdf --password=password --decrypt input.pdf output.pdf
qpdf [ options ] infilename [ outfilename ]
The qpdf program is used to convert one PDF file to another equivalent PDF file. It is capable of performing a variety of transformations such as linearization (also known as web optimization or fast web viewing), encryption, and decryption of PDF files. It also has many options for inspecting or checking PDF files, some of which are useful primarily to PDF developers.
For a summary of qpdf's options, please run qpdf --help. A complete manual can be found in qpdf-doc package.