qmi-network [Options] [DEVICE] [COMMAND]
Simple network management of QMI devices
Start network connection
Stop network connection
Query network connection status
Use the profile in the specified path
Show help options
1) [DEVICE] is given as the full path to the cdc-wdm character device, e.g.:
2) The qmi-network script requires a profile to work. Unless explicitly specified with `--profile', the file is assumed to be available in the following path:
3) The APN to use should be configured in the profile, in the following way (e.g. assuming APN is called 'internet'):
4) Optional APN user/password strings may be given in the following way:
5) Optional IP_TYPE strings may be given in the following way:
6) If you want to instruct the qmi-network script to use the qmi-proxy setup, you can do so by configuring the following line in the profile:
7) To instruct the qmi-network script to use an already existing Profile ID, or to create a new one on the fly, use the following configuration in the profile:
# to use the profile-id number
# to create a temporary profile on the fly
8) Once the qmi-network script reports a successful connection you still need to run a DHCP client on the associated WWAN network interface.
Copyright © 2013-2021 Aleksander Morgado License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation for qmi-network is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and qmi-network programs are properly installed at your site, the command
should give you access to the complete manual.