qcvm man page
qcvm — A standalone QuakeC VM binary executor
|qcvm|| [options] [parameters] |
qcvm is an executor for QuakeC VM binary files created using a QC compiler such as gmqcc(1) or fteqcc. It provides a small set of builtin functions, and by default executes the main() function if there is one. Some options useful for debugging are available as well.
There are 2 types of options. Options for the executor, and parameter options used to add parameters which are passed to the main function on execution.
- -h, --help
- Show a usage message and exit.
- Trace the execution. Each instruction will be printed to stdout before executing it.
- Perform some profiling. This is currently not really implemented, the option is available nonetheless.
- Print information from the program's header instead of executing.
- Disassemble the program by function instead of executing.
- Search for and disassemble the given function.
- List all entries from the program's defs-section. Effectively listing all the global variables of the program. This option disables execution.
- List all entries from the program's fields-section. Listing all entity-fields declared in the program. This option disables execution.
- List functions and some information about their parameters. This option disables execution. With a verbosity level of 1, builtin numbers are printed. With a verbosity of 2, the function's sizes are printed as well. This takes a little longer since the size is found by searching for a ‘
DONE’ instruction in the code.
- Increase verbosity level, can be used multiple times.
'x y z'
- Append a vector parameter to be passed to main().
- Append a float parameter to be passed to main().
- Append a string parameter to be passed to main().
The following builtin functions are available:
1) void print(string...) = #1;
Print the passed strings to stdout. At most 8 strings are allowed.
2) string ftos(float) = #2;
Convert a float to a string.
3) entity spawn() = #3;
Spawn an entity.
4) void remove(entity) = #4;
Remove an entity.
5) string vtos(vector) = #5;
Convert a vector to a string.
6) void error(string...) = #6;
Print strings to stdout and then exit with an error (limited to 8 arguments)
7) float vlen(vector) = #7;
Get the length of a vector.
8) string etos(entity) = #8;
Get the entity ID as string.
9) float stof(string) = #9;
Convert a string to a float.
10) string strcat(string, string) = #10;
Concatenate two strings, returning a tempstring.
11) float strcmp(string, string) = #11;
12) float strncmp(string, string, float) = #11;
Compare two strings. Returns the same as the corresponding C functions.
12) vector normalize(vector) = #12;
Normalize a vector so its length is 1.
13) float sqrt(float) = #13;
Get a value's square root.
Please report bugs on <http://github.com/graphitemaster/gmqcc/issues>, or see <http://graphitemaster.github.com/gmqcc> on how to contact us.