papi_cost man page
papi_cost — papi_cost utility.
papi_cost - computes execution time costs for basic PAPI operations.
papi_cost [-dhs] [-b bins] [-t threshold]
papi_cost is a PAPI utility program that computes the min / max / mean / std. deviation of execution times for PAPI start/stop pairs and for PAPI reads. This information provides the basic operating cost to a user's program for collecting hardware counter data. Command line options control display capabilities.
- -b < bins > Define the number of bins into which the results are partitioned for display. The default is 100.
- -d Display a graphical distribution of costs in a vertical histogram.
- -h Display help information about this utility.
- -s Show the number of iterations in each of the first 10 standard deviations above the mean.
- -t < threshold > Set the threshold for the number of iterations to measure costs. The default is 100,000.
There are no known bugs in this utility. If you find a bug, it should be reported to the PAPI Mailing List at email@example.com.