mogilefsd man page
mogilefsd -- MogileFS tracker daemon
This is the main MogileFS daemon, mogilefsd, also called the "tracker". All interaction with a MogileFS installation begins by a client talking to a tracker (you should run several in parallel for redundancy).
See MogileFS::Client for a client library.
The mogilefsd daemon is an event-loop in the parent process, handling with epoll/kqueue/etc (see Danga::Socket) tons of client connections, while managing a bunch of worker processes underneath.
The worker processes under mogilefsd include:
- Client query processing -- implements the MogileFS client/server protocol
- Monitoring -- monitors hosts and devices
- Replicate -- replicates files
- Deleter -- deletes files from storage nodes (protocol deletes from namespace are immediate)
- Reaper -- re-enqueues files for replication when disks are marked dead
- Fsck -- background filesystem consistency checker
Brad Fitzpatrick <email@example.com>
Mark Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Brad Whitaker <email@example.com>
Copyright 2004, Danga Interactive Copyright 2005-2006, Six Apart Ltd.
Same terms as Perl itself. Artistic/GPLv2, at your choosing.
mogstored -- MogileFS storage daemon