mbim-network [Options] [DEVICE] [COMMAND]
Simple network management of MBIM devices Start network connection Stop network connection Query network connection status
Start network connection
Stop network connection
Query network connection status
Use the profile in the specified path
- --help, -h
Show help options
1) [DEVICE] is given as the full path to the cdc-wdm character device, e.g.:
2) The mbim-network script requires a profile to work. Unless explicitly specified with `--profile', the file is assumed to be available in the following path:
3) The APN to use should be configured in the profile, in the following way (e.g. assuming APN is called 'internet'):
4) Optional APN user/password strings may be given in the following way:
5) If APN user/password is specified, the authentication protocol to use (one of PAP, CHAP or MSCHAPV2) must also be specified in the following way:
6) If you want to instruct the mbim-network script to use the mbim-proxy setup, you can do so by configuring the following line in the profile:
7) Once the mbim-network script reports a successful connection you still need to run a DHCP client on the associated WWAN network interface.
Copyright © 2013-2018 Aleksander Morgado License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation for mbim-network is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and mbim-network programs are properly installed at your site, the command
should give you access to the complete manual.