- Open an LXTerminal window:
- Open an LXTerminal window, run a command, and then exit:
lxterminal -e "command"
- Open an LXTerminal window with multiple tabs:
- Open an LXTerminal window with a specific title:
- Open an LXTerminal window with a specific working directory:
This manual page documents briefly the lxterminal command.
lxterminal is a program that provides a terminal emulator for the desktop, usually for LXDE.
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below.
- -e STRING --command=STRING --command STRING
This option specifies the program (and its command line arguments) to be run in the terminal. Except in the --command= form, this must be the last option on the command line.
Set the terminal's size in characters and lines.
- -l --loginshell
Executes login shell.
- -t NAME[,NAME[,NAME[...]]] --title=NAME[,NAME[,NAME[...]]] --tabs=NAME[,NAME[,NAME[...]]]
Set the terminal's title. Use comma for multiple tabs.
Set the terminal's working directory.
This manual page was written by paulliu <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL.
The configuration file can be found in ~/.config/lxterminal/lxterminal.conf.
Copyright © 2008 paulliu