lxdvdrip man page
lxdvdrip — a command line dvd backup tool
lxdvdrip is able to rip a DVD title or chapters, reauthor the files to a DVD structure, preview the files and burn to a DVD+/-R.
lxdvdrip is for those who want to make dvd backups with the minimum of fuss.
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the README in /usr/share/doc/lxdvdrip.
- -h, --help
- Show summary of options.
- -v, --version
- Show version of program and list all other helper applications that are installed on your system.
You must only give those parameters with another value as defined in the config-file (/etc/lxdvdrip.conf, ~/.lxdvdrip.conf). The default values are in brackets () behind the parameters.
- vamps, vamps_menu (Vamps incl. Menu), mplayer, transcode, trans_par (Transcode parallel), vlc_par (VLC with Transcode parallel), vlc (VLC with Transcode), copy, partcopy (-st=vamps). Defined program calls. Each option represents a different approach to backing up a DVD.
- Directory for temp-Files for ripping with mplayer (-tmp=/tmp)
- Multiplexer, only with -st=mplayer, use mplex instead of tcmplex when having problems with tcmplex (-mp=tcmplex)
- Nr of the ripping Title, "lsdvd" shows all Titles, regulary the longest Title, 0=longest title will be calculated by lxdvdrip, l=select from list (-t=0)
- Rip Angle x of DVD (only for DVDs with more than one Angle) (-angle=0)
- High Quality Backup, copy 1 DVD-9 => 2 DVD-5, -hq=1=>1 part1, -hq=2=>2 part2 (-hq=0)
- dvdauthor with -v (Video Format) (0=no,1=yes) (-vf=0)
- -a=Language Audio
- "-a=1": only german, "-a=2": only english, "-a=3": german+english, "-a=4,xy" in language xy, i. E. "-a=4,fr" for french, "-a=l" for list for free selection of audiotracks (-a=2)
- 0=first Track in Language, 1=AC3 with Channel first, AC3/2 twice, 2=DTS first (not with mplayer) (-ad=0)
- Name of DVD (Volume-ID/Label)
- 0=without Chapter, 1=with Chapter/lxdvdrip, 2=with Chapter/tcprobe (-chap=1)
- Nr of the ripping subpicture-track (info with lsdvd), 0=without subtitles, l=list, input Nr., alternative Language, i. E. "-u=de", f=all forced subtitles (only with transcode parallel), a=all subtitles (only with vamps) (-u=0)
- Directory for the ripping Files (-fv=/tmp/film-dvd)
- Normally factor or requant will be calculated, but you can overwrite the factor with your value, by "-f=-1" lxdvdrip makes a testrip of one Chapter to calculate Factor. (-f=0)
- Device-Name of DVD-Reader (-dl=/dev/dvd), ISO-file (-dl=isofile) or directory on hd with VIDEO_TS-Subdir (-dl=/home/user/dvd).
- Device of the Burner (-db=/dev/scd0)
- 1=growisofs, 2=cdrecord, 3=cdrecord on the fly, 4=create ISO-Image "dvdrip.img", 5=create ISO-Image with "Volume-ID.img", 0=no burning (-bp=1)
- 1: Program asks you for next DVDR after each Copy. 0: Only one DVDR, then program ends. (-mc=0).
- burning Speed (-sp=0)
- -wb=Wait for Burn
- Program ask you for DVD-R before burning (1=yes, 0=no) (-wb=1)
- Format DVD-/+RW, (0=no, 1=yes) (-format=0)
- player for VOB-preview, off=no Preview (-vp=mplayer)
- Program in english (default translated english!)
- Delete VOB-Files after Burning (0=no, 1=yes) (-d=1)
- Check for free disk space before ripping (0=no, 1=yes) (-free=1)
- -check=Check for Audiotracks
- Check for count audio tracks with tcprobe (0=no, 1=yes) (-check=1)
- Instead dvdauthor+growisofs Result in a File, i. E. "-file=/tmp/dvd.vob" -file=0=>Option off (-file=0)
- 1=dvdwizard on, 0=dvdwizard off (-dw=0)
Kel Modderman <email@example.com>, Updated bey Stefan Becker.