ktutil is a program for managing keytabs. Supported options:
- -v, --verbose
command can be one of the following:
- add [-p principal] [--principal=principal] [-V kvno] [--kvno=kvno] [-e enctype] [--enctype=enctype] [-w password] [--password=password] [-r] [--random] [-s] [--no-salt] [-H] [--hex]
Adds a key to the keytab. Options that are not specified will be prompted for. This requires that you know the password or the hex key of the principal to add; if what you really want is to add a new principal to the keytab, you should consider the get command, which talks to the kadmin server.
- change [-r realm] [--realm=realm] [--a host] [--admin-server=host] [--s port] [--server-port=port]
Update one or several keys to new versions. By default, use the admin server for the realm of a keytab entry. Otherwise it will use the values specified by the options.
If no principals are given, all the ones in the keytab are updated.
- copy keytab-src keytab-dest
Copies all the entries from keytab-src to keytab-dest.
- get [-p admin principal] [--principal=admin principal] [-e enctype] [--enctypes=enctype] [-r realm] [--realm=realm] [-a admin server] [--admin-server=admin server] [-s server port] [--server-port=server port] principal ...
For each principal, generate a new key for it (creating it if it doesn't already exist), and put that key in the keytab.
If no realm is specified, the realm to operate on is taken from the first principal.
- list [--keys] [--timestamp]
List the keys stored in the keytab.
- remove [-p principal] [--principal=principal] [-V -kvno] [--kvno=kvno] [-e -enctype] [--enctype=enctype]
Removes the specified key or keys. Not specifying a kvno removes keys with any version number. Not specifying an enctype removes keys of any type.
- rename from-principal to-principal
Renames all entries in the keytab that match the from-principal to to-principal.
- purge [--age=age]
Removes all old versions of a key for which there is a newer version that is at least age (default one week) old.