harmonySEQ [OPTION...] [FILE]
A MIDI software sequencer designed for live performances and jams.
harmonySEQ(1) operates a number of synchronized sequencers, each with its own pattern, repeating looped melodies of different length, duration and MIDI channel.
Main features include:
- support for complex polyrhythms
- multi-pattern configuration for each sequencer
- customizable action triggers – exceptionally useful for live performances
- chord management system which allows to easily organize melodies that sound great together
- support for sequencing MIDI control messages
- an easy-to-use yet powerful interface, with a rich piano-roll pattern editor
As for now harmonySEQ(1) works on Linux only.
It uses ALSA (asound) library, and GTKmm for graphical interface.
No official user documentation exists at the moment, but you can refer to UI tooltips – nearly everything has a detailed explanation.
More information can be found on the project’s website.
- -d, --debug
enters debug mode, prints lots of debug messeges
passes the midi events through the program by default
prints a help message and exits
prints the program version