gajim man page
gajim — a Jabber/XMPP client
|gajim|| [-q] [-v] [-l |
gajim is a Jabber/XMPP client written in Python and GTK+. gajim works nicely with GNOME, yet it does not require it to run. gajim is designed for novice and advanced users as one, as well for XMPP server admins.
XMPP is the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol, a set of open technologies for instant messaging, presence, multi-party chat, voice and video calls, collaboration, lightweight middleware, content syndication, and generalized routing of XML data. For more information on the XMPP protocol see <https://xmpp.org/about-xmpp/>.
- -h --help
- Show help options
- -q --quiet
- Show only critical errors
- -v --verbose
- Print xml stanzas and other debug information
- -l --loglevel subsystem=level [, subsystem=level [...]]
- Configure logging system. Subsystem can be gajim.interface, gajim.c.connection, .nbxmpp.client_nb, etc. Level can be DEBUG, INFO, WARNING, ERROR or CRITICAL.
- -p --profile name
- Run gajim using
config.namein configuration directory
- -c --config-path directory
- Where to look for configuration files
- Cache database file of transports, caps, roster entry, and roster group.
- Cache directory of avatars.
- Cache directory of vCards (virtual cards).
- The config-path used when [-c] is not specified.
- Directory where certificates are stored.
- The history database log file. For more information on database logs see <https://trac.gajim.org/wiki/LogsDatabase>.
gajim is written and maintained by
THANKS, for a complete list.
Copyright (C) 2003-2015 Gajim Team
gajim is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 3 only.
gajim is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with gajim. If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
You can report bugs or feature requests in our bug tracker at trac.gajim.org or in the gajim-devel mailing list; if you want to send us a patch, please do so in our bug tracker. You can also find us in our chat room.
You are welcome to join us at email@example.com
Below are public mailing lists on lists.gajim.org
More mailing lists at
Please submit bugs at
https://trac.gajim.org/ https://trac-plugins.gajim.org/ https://python-nbxmpp.gajim.org/
Explore man page connections for gajim(1).