discount-theme man page
theme — create a web page from a template file
|theme|| [-C |
The theme utility takes a markdown(7)-formatted
textfile (or stdin if not specified,) compiles it, and combines it with a template (
page.theme by default) to produce a web page. If a path to the template is not specified, theme looks for
page.theme in the current directory, then each parent directory up to the
document root (set with -d or, if unset, the root directory of the system.) If
page.theme is found, theme copies it to the output, looking for <?theme action?> html tags and processing the embedded
action as appropriate.
theme processes the following actions:
- Prints the author name(s) from the mkd_doc_author(3) function.
- Prints the formatted markdown(7) input file.
- Prints the date returned by mkd_doc_date(3) or, if none, the date the input file was last modified.
- Prints the directory part of the pagename
- Prints the contents of
file. Markdown(7) translation will NOT be done on this file.
- The filename part of the pagename.
- Print any stylesheets (see mkd-extensions(7)) found in the input file.
- Print the title returned by mkd_doc_title(3), or, if that does not exist, the source filename.
- Print the version of discount(7) that this copy of theme was compiled with.
If input is coming from a file and the output was not set with the -o option, writes the output to
file has a
.text suffix, that will be stripped off and replaced with
.html; otherwise a
.html will be appended to the end of the filename.)
The options are as follows:
- Set the document root to
- Normally theme will not expand
<?theme toc?>in the
<?theme style?>in the
<body>section, but the -E option overrides this and allows expansions everywhere.
- Forcibly overwrite existing html files.
- Write the output to
- Set the pagename to
filenameas the template file.
The theme utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs.
markdown(1), markdown(3), markdown(7), mkd-extensions(7).