darktable-generate-cache man page
darktable-generate-cache — update darktable's thumbnail cache
darktable-generate-cache [-h, --help; --version] [-m, --max-mip <0-7>] [--core <darktable options>]
darktable is a digital photography workflow application for Linux, Mac OS X and several other Unices. It's described further in darktable(1).
darktable-generate-cache updates darktable's thumbnail cache. You can start this program to generate all missing thumbnails in the background when your computer is idle.
All parameters are optional. If started without parameters darktable-generate-cache uses reasonable defaults.
- -h, --help
Gives usage information and terminates.
Gives copyright and version information and terminates.
- --min-mip <0-7>
- -m, --max-mip <0-7>
darktable can handle and store thumbnails with up to eight different resolution steps for each image. These parameters define which maximum resolution should be generated and default to a range of 0-2. There is normally no need to generate all possible resolutions here; missing ones will be automatically generated by darktable the moment they are needed. When asked to generate multiple resolutions at once, the lower-resolution images are quickly downsampled from the highest-resolution image.
- --min-imgid <N>
- --max-imgid <N>
Specifies the range of internal image IDs from the database to work on. If no range is given, darktable-generate-cache will process all images from the entire collection.
- --core <darktable options>
All command line parameters following --core are passed to the darktable core and handled as standard parameters. See darktable(1) for a detailed description of the options.
The principal developer of darktable is Johannes Hanika. The (hopefully) complete list of contributors to the project is:
* developers: Roman Lebedev, Tobias Ellinghaus, Peter Budai, johannes hanika, Ulrich Pegelow, Stefan Schöfegger, Pascal Obry, parafin, Jérémy Rosen, Christian Tellefsen, Alexandre Prokoudine.
* translators: Pascal Obry, Ger Siemerink, Michel Leblond, Tobias Ellinghaus, shlomi braitbart, tatica, Novy Sawai, Alexandre Prokoudine, Germano Massullo, Báthory Péter, Josep V. Moragues, Matjaž Jeran, Matthieu Moy, Tomasz Golinski, Ulrich Pegelow, johannes hanika.
* contributors (at least 4 commits): Dan Torop, Ger Siemerink, Michel Leblond, Matthieu Moy, Heiko Bauke, Žilvinas Žaltiena, itinerarium, Maximilian Trescher, Wolfgang Mader, Andrea Volpato, Matthieu Volat, shlomi braitbart, Dominik Markiewicz, tatica.
* RawSpeed contributors (at least 1 commit): Axel Waggershauser, Nathaniel Watson, Dan Torop, Marco Caimi, Martijn Courteaux, Uwe Müssel, Vasily Khoruzhick.
And all those of you that made previous releases possible
This man page was written by Ulrich Pegelow <firstname.lastname@example.org> as part of the usermanual. It was turned into a man page by Tobias Ellinghaus <email@example.com>.
Copyright and License
Copyright (C) 2009-2017 by Authors.
darktable is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GPL v3 or (at your option) any later version.