condor_suspend man page
condor_suspend suspend jobs from the HTCondor queue
condor_suspend [ -help -version ]
condor_suspend [ -debug ] [ -pool centralmanagerhostname[:portnumber] -name scheddname ][ -addr <a.b.c.d:port> ] cluster cluster.process user -constraint expression -all
condor_suspend suspends one or more jobs from the HTCondor job queue. When a job is suspended, the match between the condor_schedd and machine is not been broken, such that the claim is still valid. But, the job is not making any progress and HTCondor is no longer generating a load on the machine. If the -name option is specified, the named condor_schedd is targeted for processing. Otherwise, the local condor_schedd is targeted. The job(s) to be suspended are identified by one of the job identifiers, as described below. For any given job, only the owner of the job or one of the queue super users (defined by the QUEUE_SUPER_USERS macro) can suspend the job.
- Display usage information
- Display version information
- -pool centralmanagerhostname[:portnumber]
- Specify a pool by giving the central manager's host name and an optional port number
- -name scheddname
- Send the command to a machine identified by scheddname
- -addr <a.b.c.d:port>
- Send the command to a machine located at <a.b.c.d:port>
- Causes debugging information to be sent to stderr , based on the value of the configuration variable TOOL_DEBUG .
Suspend all jobs in the specified cluster
Suspend the specific job in the cluster
Suspend jobs belonging to specified user
- -constraint expression
- Suspend all jobs which match the job ClassAd expression constraint
- Suspend all the jobs in the queue
condor_suspend will exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.
To suspend all jobs except for a specific user:
% condor_suspend -constraint 'Owner =!= "foo"'
Run condor_continue to continue execution.
Center for High Throughput Computing, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Copyright (C) 1990-2016 Center for High Throughput Computing, Computer Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.